First Love

I didn't fall in love with You because of what You looked like.

But I fell into Your love and grace.

Your most endearing heart of grace.

Your flooding beauty of Your infinite embrace,

To love someone who was horribly lost like me.

How You lifted the veil of guilt and shame,

You called out my name with Your gentle voice.

To my weary, broken, dry heart, You came.

You wrapped me in Your blanket of peace.

I didn't have any beauty in me for You to love me.

But You see different, because You knew how we were meant to be.

 You set Your sights on me.

The joy that You have set before us.

That Your joy can be shared with me in the fullness.

Because Your heart is beautiful Lord.

I never thought to know a love like Yours.

By definition, Your Love is the only true love that the empty soul and heart longs for.

You began to show a side of You that my brain could never comprehend.

"Wait, the God of the Universe wants to talk to me? Wait You make jokes?

The infinite exchange of our conversations was always a joy that becomes an overflow. 

It was Your beautiful heart that brought me to my knees.

It was Your beautiful love that healed me.

It was Your beautiful heart that wrapped me up with courage and boldness to keep going.

Your infinite love towards me, opened my blind eyes to see the masterpiece of Your creation all around.

My heart begins to beat in the same rhythm as Yours, as You began to paint Your Words in me.

The love that You had for me, You have it for the others for all eternity. 

With colours of Your incredible Spirit, splashing life and light in so many others.

We began to share this wondrous moment of Your joy that You determined to set before You when You went to Calvary.

You set aside Your Holy Crown, stooped down on Your knees,

To wash our feet, and bring an everlasting proposal while defeating the enemy.

 I am loss at words.

Here I am again, in Our first Love.

 

 

 
What manner of love that You came Lord Jesus,
to reveal Your love in such way.
 This infinite beauty of Your heart.
Thank You Lord.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Comments